The goal of the Social Equity Initiative (“SJI”) is to get kids active while providing a safe haven that mentors our youth, reinforces positive values and builds role models within the community.
Your Donations Support:
- A safe environment for youth at high risk.
- A better life for children witnessing verbal and/or physical violence.
- Diversity in the community; languages spoken are English, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean Creole and Arabic.
- First generation higher education recipients.
Social Equity Needs
- Girls of Color
- cultural differences prevent girls of color from playing soccer – we aim to create an environment and programs that help lessen that gap
- Paid Coaching Endowments
- all coaches are volunteers
- shortages include lights, field space, uniforms, practice gear, cleats and other necessary items to play structured soccer
- Off-Field Support
- life management services services such as translation services, financial education and career assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Scholarship funding through our need-based scholarship program
- Two practices/week in the community in which they reside. (That means limited travel in order to fit their transportation needs)
- Access to top rated soccer leagues with one game per weekend
- Free training gear
- Uniform cost-assistance
Our Community Partners
Your donations impact over 350 youth in the following communities:
- Central Falls, RI
- East Boston
- West Roxbury